ASCM2019 will cover a wide range of topics regarding the simulation of carbon and related materials and nanostructures:
These lectures, given by leading experts, aim to provide all participants with an overview of the current state-of-the-art. They are not meant as tutorials, but they are meant to be more comprehensive than “normal” invited talks.
- DFT and beyond: many-body van-der-Waals interactions, RPA computations, etc.
- Machine learning and data-driven approaches
- State-of-the-art empirical interatomic potentials; QM/MM
- Nanostructure and thin-film formation and growth
- Materials under extreme conditions (e.g., irradiation damage in graphite)
- Materials for chemistry applications and catalysis